tree dancer

tree dancer
Tree Dancer

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Beauty

     I'm pretty sure that this morning is the first time in my life I have ever awakened to snow outside my windows.  It is an incredibly beautiful sight, when I first looked out early this a.m. nothing had sullied the panorama I beheld.  White bedecked the trees and bushes along the tips, creating such a delight to my eyes.  No tire tracks or footprints, just a sea of crystalline beauty.

    
      The weather predictors told us this was coming.  I made sure we went to the store yesterday for whatever we might need.  As lovely as this is, I don't particularly want to be driving in it.  We don't have chains or snow tires, so we'll be staying in for a while today.  Good day to devote to chores that need our attention.  Good day for baking, or making a pot of soup.  Our wood stove will be busy today too, keeping us snug and comfy. 
     
       I try to wake each morning with a fresh and positive look on life, this view gave me a new reason to smile.  I wish it could be so for everyone, but I know that won't be the case for a myriad of reasons.  Hope springs eternal that some day each and everyone of us awakes with love in our hearts, a positive outlook and wishes that come true.

    

2 comments:

  1. Oh hun I know exactly how you felt. I remeber the first time I saw snow when I exited Burlington Airport and it was lining the path 5 feet high. Then the drive home to Jeff with snow billowing around the car - heaven.

    Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah very beautiful photos ;] following ;]

    ReplyDelete