tree dancer

tree dancer
Tree Dancer

Friday, August 26, 2011

A GIFT

     My heart was touched today in the most unexpected way.  We don't always know how what we do, say or  write  will affect other people, or even if it will at all.  Today I received a gift from a friend that made my heart swell, it was so beautiful.  One can only hope that it helped both of us to heal a little more from the grief; we both lost our mothers' too soon, although, she much younger than I.  I cried as I read the tale she told, for her, for me, for our mothers too soon gone.  I ache for those not as blessed as we, who's mothers were present, but not there for them, mothers never able to break the chains of how they were abused or neglected as children.  For those of you out there that survived and became a better parent, in spite of never being shown the way love should work, I rise in a standing ovation of one.  I salute you for being the one able to change the bonds that held our ancestors down; for being strong enough and smart enough to say "no more!"  "It ends here and now"
      Our time here is so brief, cherish one another, be kind, take the time to appreciate all that you have, even if what you have may not seem like a lot, look inside.  There's so much there, so much untapped, let it shine across the sky like the Nothern Lights!  Thank you my friend for the gift you gave me, and I hope we can share it with others, as well.  Be strong, be true and be free.

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful reflection on life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said!

    It took me years to understand just how lucky I am to have been raised by fabulous parents.

    Lovely, thoughtful blog!

    ReplyDelete