tree dancer

tree dancer
Tree Dancer

Monday, August 15, 2011

LIFE

Sixty-one.  Never thought I'd see the day, but it's come and gone, and I'm still here.  Well, technically, I

have two and a half more months-at that point in my life I will have outlived my mother.  It's an odd kind

of victory and maybe that's the wrong choice of words, but it's an event I never believed I would

experience.  I, sadly, surpassed  my son, he was twenty-eight when he stepped out.  My daughter is

 still here, what will the future bring for her?  Will she carry on the family name?  My mother wasn't

able to do that.  It occurs to me, more than ever, how young she was when she passed.  It's scary, it's

sad, it's definitely thought provoking and I'm not sure which emotion is mine this early morning.  It's

a kaleidoscope of thoughts and feelings playing across the screen of my minds' eye.  I miss her, that's

a given; but there were many times we didn't agree, but I always knew she loved me.

So now I have to wonder if my life would have been any different if she had lived longer.  It then

follows that I am at a point in my life to alter the usual course of mediocre days and nights. That if

I want something different in my life, I have to go out and strive to reach that goal; that if change is

to come and I want it on my terms, then I need to strive for that opportunity.  I would love to be

remembered as a writer, as someone that as you read my random kind of thinking, would you say to

yourself "Yes" because it rings true for you also.  That it made your day begin with the promise of

better thngs to come.

It's a heady kind of feeling, to finish a piece of readiing material and believe a little more in yourself

and your ability to achieve your dreams.  It's equally as exhilarating to have been the one that made

that possible for someone.  If my wanderings make a dream real for you, if they inspire, animate, or

stimulate a hunger that burns within, then my work is done.  I bow to you with a flourish that is filled

to capapcity with hope, hope for us all to achieve that which we aspire to.

So, here's to sixty-one, for some, the last days, for others, a new beginning, filled with promise

and yearning for desires sated.

No comments:

Post a Comment