tree dancer

tree dancer
Tree Dancer

Monday, August 15, 2011

NEVER AGAIN

NEVER AGAIN



       Do you remember where you were on September 11, 2001?  In just a few months, we will stand together once again, in honor of those lost.  It will mark ten years gone by since the tragedy occured, ten years woven together with the tears and laughter, love and loss, each an intergral part of the other.

       Many lives came together in those days and weeks that followed, bonds formed, promises made, friendships grown from the roots of destruction; people refusing to give up, tired and dirty, yes, but unceasing in the quest for survivors.  We can close our eyes today and those images play acrosss our mind's eye, as clear as the first time we watched them.  So many emotions arise; sadness, disbelief, shock, and anger.  Through our tears we also preceive support, compassion, love and a tenacious nature to survive, literally rising from the ashes, like the phoenix of legends.

      As September approaches once again, we will be reminded more often of what happened on that fateful day.  We will again hear the survivors relate their narratives of families torn apart in an instance of madness.  Don't turn away, don't just sigh and change the channel.  Hear them. Remember them.  Honor them in whatever way is right for you.  They speak for the ones that no longer have a voice, they have become the eyes, ears and caretakers of words of those we lost.  We must be vigilant, we must not forget.  Don't allow their lives to have been taken in vain, keep love in your heart for it is hate that drives the killing.  Raise yourself up and say, "NEVER AGAIN"


1 comment:

  1. I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. I remember exactly how I heard about what was happening on the other side of the world in the middle of my night. I remember because for the first time in my life it actually affected me personally and directly. The sad thing is I have never remembered anything like this unless it affected me personally. All the tragedies and disasters in the world are just text on a newspaper page until they affect us directly. Isn't that just a shame?

    ReplyDelete