tree dancer

tree dancer
Tree Dancer

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Good day, bad day..........

       I can't say my day today was a good one, I won't bore you with the whys and wherefores, you will just have to take my word for it...I find, as I age, I'm not as patient as I used to be.  Is this because the realization that our time here is a lot shorter comes up to slap us in the face?  Pay attention!  Appreciate all that you have, look around and take an inventory for yourself, of yourself. 
       There are no words for me to describe the incredible value of our friends, the English language is quite inadequate for this purpose.  My friend helped me tonight, just by being here for me.  In learning to appreciate all that I have, my friend tops the list of fineness. 
        Maybe my first statement isn't an entirely true one, maybe what happens each day and how we 'rate' it on a scale of good to bad, lies in the eye of the beholder.  If things go our way, it's a good day; should someone or something throw  a wrench in the works, it's not as good as we hoped it would be.  So where does the responsibility of how it goes rest?  If I could rise each day, expecting nothing except good things, would that direct my brain to interpret only positives no matter what takes place?  Would it be better to expect nothing at all, leaving the possibilities wide open?  Maybe there would be no disappointments since expecting nothing leaves no room for that?  Somehow that sounds so.......apathetic?  That isn't a viable choice, apathy, lethargy, inertia aren't on the list of options either.
      Could it be that my day wasn't really bad, but that my attitude toward the events that took place was bad?  Can we teach ourselves to find the good in everything, see another persons actions as just that, actions.  If we don't take it personally does that eliminate another persons ability to hurt us?  To that, I say yes, it makes sense to me that we allow that to happen.  I'm thinking if we're satisfied with ourselves, if we believe in ourselves, then  no one can hurt us.  Because we refuse to take on their baggage, it cannot weigh us down, we can stay free and clear, content with our knowledge we are good enough.  No one can take that from us as long as we hold strong.  Do not loosen your grip on your life, live it to the fullest and revel in the music that we dance through life to.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you and I feel you today. Could it be also that it is hard to ignore the other person's baggage when it is dropped at our feet and we must either go around it or pick it up.

    YOu suggest we go around and that is a huge mind shift since we are so accustomed to picking it up and carrying it too.

    Pick up the camera and point it at the sky... as Oscar Wilde once said - 'we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars".

    (((((HUGS)))))

    M

    ReplyDelete