tree dancer

tree dancer
Tree Dancer

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Enough already

      Ok, I've had it!  I'm through with Two and a half Men.  I missed it Monday night, but I'm certainly not losing any sleep over that.  I have seen Kutcher's bare butt now and heard reference to the size of his 'manhood' too many times.  Also, I am sick of hearing him whine about how much he loves his ex-wife whilst bedding any and everyone that will have him.  This show had it's faults with Charlie Sheen, Lord knows, but they've beat this horse to death, no pun intended, at least for me. 
       To me it's indicative of a lot of things that are wrong with so called entertainment and it's sad to me that this is the best they can do.  Give us some suspense, make us think or at least try to figure out the outcome, with 2 1/2 it's sadly obvious where it's going each week as the abuse seems to be amassing at the cost of the Alan character.  I've never been a big fan of practical jokes, having been the butt of them all too often as a younster, perhaps, has jaded my thinking on them. 
       I realize that this is the kind of thing that makes money, and after all, isn't that what the game is all about?  I certainly wouldn't turn down Kutchers salary for a week if someone offered it to me, but isn't there some other direction this could go in?  At least give it some kind of storyline that doesn't involve debasing one another and frolicking about naked every week.  Isn't there enough degradation already in the world?  For the ones of us that have been at the back end of the line, the last to be chosen, I say give it a rest.  Let's work on building ones self esteem instead of grinding it into the ground with the heel of one's boot.  Love makes all the difference in the world......

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Now tell us what you REALLY think!! LOL.

    I gotta say I never watched 2 1/2 before but with all the fuss and ado about Kutcher I thought I would watch the handover episode. Never liked Kutcher anyway - too slick for me and then he did that pranks show... like you I don't like that sort of thing. Anyway, watched his first 2 contributions to the show and switched off after that. Agree with you 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so absolutely right. 2 1/2 used to be relatively clever (which is like saying Paris is relatively smart compared to a Chia Pet) but they now go for the lowest common denominator. Eventually people will grow tired of that crap. But, then again, a lot of reality shows are still going strong....
    Sigh-oh, just give me a good book.

    ReplyDelete